EVENT DETAILS: 5k
- Races: 5k Run/Walk
- Date: Saturday, October 14, 2017
- Location: Country Park, Greensboro, NC
- Time: 8:30 am
Runner Guide: Download Runner Guide
Now in the 13th year, this race is part of the Greensboro Race Series. Post race band and music make this a great fall 5k. The course is 2 loops in Country Park. Be sure to sign up early!
Country Park is the host venue and I’m not going to lie has a few hills. The course is 2 loops inside Country Park. The course is completely closed to traffic and a band and hot food await you at the finish.
Oct in North Carolina is usually perfect for running. Average October Temperatures: Low 47° / High 68°. But be warned heat can be an issue. Temps could be in the 80s
Friday, October 13. 12:00 noon – 8:00pm (most vendors 4:00pm – 8:00pm)
Location: Omega Sports, 2431 Battleground Ave, Greensboro, North Carolina
- 6:00 AM – Park Opens
- 6:30 AM – Late Packet Pickup Opens
- 7:30 AM – Late Packet Pickup Closes
- 8:00 AM – Race Start Marathon and Half Marathon
- 8:30 AM – Race Start 5k
- 9:30 AM – Award Ceremony 5k
- 11:00AM – Award Ceremony Half Marathon
- 1:30PM – Award Ceremony Marathon
- 3:00PM – Course closes
This race will be chip timed with disposable bib-chips, We ask all athletes to wear their race number on the front and visible.
All Finishers will receive a custom race medal
Awards will be presented to the following categories:
- Top 3 Male and Top 3 Female overall
- Top 3 Male and Top 3 Female in each age group
- Age Groups: Under-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
- Race Director reserves the right to combine age groups.
- Race entry includes a custom designed race shirt.
- Register at least 2 weeks prior to race day to guarantee you shirt!
Results / Photos
Race results will be available on race day. You can also find all your races results on www.OnTheMarkSports.com
In the event the race should be canceled for reasons beyond the control of the Race Director or Race Committee (inclement weather or unsafe weather conditions; local, state or national emergency), refunds will not be made, but race packets, including race shirts, will be available at a location to be determined.
Rules / Guidelines
Sorry, but for safety reasons, we do not allow dogs, bicycles, inline skates or any means of transportation other than running, walking or wheelchairs. Running baby strollers are allowed but must have a minimum of 6″ wheels. Race Director reserves the right to reject any entry or to remove any participant from the race course without explanation.